Monday, June 25, 2012

For some unknown reason, I decided that it would be a great idea for my wife and I to take a group of kids from our church to summer camp for a week.  We worked for months getting kids interested enough to want us to come to talk to their parents.  After three visits to each home, we have seven young people (ages 7-12) going to camp with us.

Our adventure starts with packing.  My goodness.  I never knew that when a woman goes to summer camp, she takes everything that she could possibly need and then some.  See, I've taken road trips with my wife before so I thought I was prepared for her packing craze, but then again, I've never taken her to camp for a week.

For a week, the house has looked like Wal-Mart threw up all over it.  The Health and Beauty section threw up on the kitchen table; bedding in the living room, the clothes section everywhere.  I honestly didn't know there were so many clothes in my entire house!

It is almost time to get the selected items loaded into our van so that we can go to church and transfer then to the church van.

I'm going to finish my cup of coffee, pray for strength and patience and then start loading up the van.  I'm going to be posting on the blog from time to time while we are at camp--if I can get a signal!

I can't wait to see what every one else has packed.

No comments:

Let me introduce you to George. . .

 As you may know, several years ago, my family jumped into the world of foster care.  For these last years, it’s been babies, babies, toddle...