Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day Four, Part Three.

The evening started with the team meetings.   Right before team meeting, I asked one of the girls in my group if she was saved.  She said no, and when I asked her why not, she said quite flippantly, I don't know. 

I did not have liberty to press her.  She set by her self during the service on the row in front of our group.  She paid quite a bit of attention during the whole service.  During the invitation time, she asked if she could go to the altar.  I said yes.   I grabbed my Bible and followed her. 

There was no room at the altar, so I waited until there was room.  I knelt down beside her and said "sweetie, why are you here?"

She looked up at me with the most beautiful eyes and burst out crying. I mean sobbing, and gasping for breath. I tried to talk with her for a few more minutes without any success. I realized that I was beyond my skill level in dealing with a broken hearted little girl. So I did the smartest thing I could do. I called for my wife. Laura took this little girl and dealt with her like the daughter she didn't have. She finally got the little girl to calm down enough to say she needed Jesus. There's a new name written down in Glory. Thanks be to God for a godly wife.

No comments:

Let me introduce you to George. . .

 As you may know, several years ago, my family jumped into the world of foster care.  For these last years, it’s been babies, babies, toddle...